Prime Star develops investment opportunities, joint ventures, special analisys and mining business plans.
Prime Star had its beginning as Prime Consultoria which has provided mining consulting services in Brazil for 35 years.
During its history, it has created and developed several businesses and studies for Iron Ore, Limestone, Manganese, Marbles and Ornamental Stones, Gems and Precious Stones, Emeralds, Gold, Mineral Coal, Bauxite, Quartz and Schelite.
The professionals associated with Prime Star had worked for mining and geo companies since 1975 in Brazil and abroad such as Vale, BHP, Rio Tinto, EBX, Ferrous Resources, H.Stern, CMA, Multiplic and Globo and are members-founders of ABRAMO – Brazilian Association of Gold Miners and IBRAM – Brazilian Institute of Mining.
Prime Star closely follows Brazil’s economy, regulatory and political environment, discovering, evaluating and developing opportunities with mining expertise, financial know how (and know who) and ability to structure well governed companies in order to generate successes.
Fields of working
Senior experience and expertise exploration on geological environments and mineral provinces of Brazil, highlighting to Pará, Bahia, Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso, Goiás and Tocantins states.
The investments and financial market partners have intense relationships in Brazil and abroad with active portfolios of investments.
We´ve been activing in the development of Brazilian mineral legislation and public tender procedures.
We have experience in strategy, regulation, geological and financial issues and we have also an extensive network.
The goal: have stake in mining enterprises.
Projects and mining business developed trough Prime Star and its partners
- Graduated Engineer Geologist in 1970 by School of Mines, Federal University of Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais – Brasil.
- Over 48 years in all phases of mineral exploration and evaluation.
- Worked for RIB-Rutilo e Ilmenita do Brasil (1970-1971) in exploration of monazite and rutile in heavy sands; 1971-1979 at DOCEGEO-CVRD for gold, and base metals NUCLAN exploring for uranium in granitic rocks.
RTZ in both Pb-Zn massive sulphide exploration, gold and diamond in paleo-alluvials. BP Minerals-Brasil.
CVRD-Vale from 2000 to 2004 with base metals, manganese and nickel deposit Carajas iron ore province, and iron ore deposits in India (Goa, Karnataca, Orissa, Jharkand and Chattisgarh).
- Since June 2012 is mainly involved with Iron, Manganese, Gold and Rare Earth Elements for Prime Star.
- Over 25 years of experience in the mining industry, extensive experience in Copper/Gold, Iron Ore, Nickel, Bauxite, REE, Kaolin and PGE of Exploration), GAP Analysis/Audit on projects development in Brazil, Peru and Angola.
- Professional for Rio Tinto (12 years), Vale (4 years) and Ferrous Resources (6 years).
- Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and is qualified as a Chattered Profession of Geology and Mineral Resources (Qualified Person – technical responsibility for JORC and Ni-43101 Mineral Resource Reports).